FCCS (Financial Consolidation & Close Cloud Service) is a pre-configured cloud product by Oracle for consolidation and reporting. It offers rapid implementations with pre-configured metadata and revolutionary functionality. The key benefit is that you don’t need to manage any infrastructure, software maintenance, or patching, while customers can always benefit from the latest versions and features.
FCCS comes with some built-in properties, such as:
Ø Predefined dimensions with pre-seeded members
Ø A flexible application configuration module
Ø Standard consolidation and elimination process
Ø Basic currency translations and FX adjustment calculations
Ø Inbuilt KPI ratio analysis
Ø Custom calculations by member formulae
Ø Automated cash flow
Ø Close calendar, task management, and workflow
Ø Preset dashboards and reports
Ø Data integration facility
Cash Flow in Oracle FCCS
In Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud Service, the movement dimension was intended to make the formation of cash flow statements possible. The pre-set members of these movement dimensions are suitably grouped by Cash Flow sections, such as Operating Activities, Investing Activities, and Financing Activities.
Additionally, the FCCS Cash Flow hierarchy outlines the Cash Flow Statement design where further information and proper adjustments could be made. Every member of the FCCS Movement hierarchy needs to be joined with FCCS Cash Flow.
Movement members are allocated to each line of data throughout the process of loading. These members can be tracked based on accounts to ensure reliability and precision. Other than translation, elimination, and consolidation, FCCS also facilitates creating financial statements.
Cash Flow Reporting Design Approach
The incredible design is planned to arrange all balance sheet movements into a cash flow hierarchy. The fundamental concept is: if there is balance in both opening and closing balance sheets, the cash flow will always match the net cash. Easy, right? What can possibly go off beam? As always, in the case of cash flow, it is the quality of the data provided, which concludes the quality of the final statement. The smart design of the dimension of the movement in FCCS will provide all you need to generate a detailed and correct statutory cash flow.
FCCS provides the structural elements to sustain an automated cash flow design within the preset Movements dimension. Unlike Hyperion Financial Management, where the majority of cash models would be produced as account hierarchies, FCCS utilizes another cash flow hierarchy within the Movements dimension that encloses a combination of pre-defined FCCS type members jointly with user-defined members to support the formation of an automated cash flow.
The basic structure in an application with FCCS is dependent on the IFRS format design, and every other hierarchy is supported either for movement tables or alternate format cash flows. The primary statutory cash flow members are predefined, and more granular demands will need to be fulfilled from other user-defined members. If a new user-defined movement member is added, the FCCS Movements hierarchy will have to be replicated within the FCCS Cash Flow hierarchy to maintain the cash flow model in a balanced order.
Under the FCCS Movements hierarchy, new movement members must have a consolidation operator feature of Addition, while under the FCCS Cash Flow hierarchy, new movement members need to encompass a consolidation operator quality of Subtraction.
Design Concerns and Operating Tips
· Make Sure the FCCS design contains sufficient granular detailed movement members for the balance sheet accounts to identify the cash and non-cash elements easily.
· From an accounting point of view, the disposal process does not signify a movement in fixed assets or investments. Though, it is a value essential for presentation within the cash flow hierarchy. Sourcing this content could create design concerns in FCCS.
· Acquisition of business might present a design problem as the value does not always indicate cash. It could need supplemental analysis within the application or off-line.
· As a great part of the balance sheet movements do not include cash transactions, it is vital to ensure these items are identified and controlled independently through validations.
· The FCCS cash flow is a dimension model of movement and does not need a sustaining hierarchy in the accounts dimension when processing a cash flow report. The account dimension POV setting should be the substitute to balance sheet top member FCCS Total Balance Sheet – Cash and Non-Cash.
· The FCCS cash flow selects the income statement details for its initial state through the movement’s member FCCS/ Movements/Net Income. Hence, it is vital that this member is utilized when loading source data to the income report.
· The only FX part within the automated cash flow is the calculation of the FX movement on the opening cash and cash equivalents and cash produced, presented by the member FCCS/FX/Total Non-Cash.
Not everybody has the expertise to create cash flow as FCCS professionals can. If you had enough fight in understanding this; but yet not satisfied, reach out for more information.